UMTR North EVENT BEHAVIOR POLICY
Effective immediately, UMTR North has implemented the following Event Behavior Policy:
At all UMTR North Events, you will now be held responsible for displaying behavior that is unacceptable, and/or inappropriate for a family event.
Your event participation may be terminated and not refunded, and you may be disqualified, and eliminated from any further event competition, and you may lose any points you may have accumulated at the event, and your UMTR North membership may be revoked and not refunded if The UMTR North Director finds that you have violated the UMTR North EVENT BEHAVIOR POLICY.
UMTR North EVENT BEHAVIOR POLICY violations include:
The use of Foul, Abusive, Obscene, Profane, Intimidating, or Harassing Language, Actions, or Gestures, or Violent, or Dangerous Actions, or Disrespectful, or Uncivil Behavior toward others, or yelling at, arguing with, or fighting with others at UMTR North events or on UMTR North forums.
Standard Operating Procedures
Thank you for entering a UMTR North Competition Event
· Fill out your tech/information card and hand it in to the track. Some tracks will inspect your car, and at some tracks, you’ll just turn-in the card.
· If your race entry fee was not collected at the gate, you will pay that fee when you sign-in at the UMTR Tent
· Required Sponsor Decals are available and will be provided to you on request at each event when you sign-in at the UMTR tent. You MUST display SUMMIT RACING decals on your racecar AND You Must Display the event sponsor decals on your race car, AND You MUST be a UMTR member to be eligible to win the advertised guaranteed payout at a sponsored event. Non-members, and those members who refuse to display the Required Sponsor decals on their race car, are instead, only eligible to win a lesser payout amount that is calculated based on car counts. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE WHICH DECALS YOU MUST DISPLAY ON YOUR RACE CAR FOR MAXIMUM PAYOUT, ASK A UMTR OFFICIAL.
· More Info on Decals – Remember that SPONSORSHIP is a TWO-WAY STREET. In addition to Race Event Sponsors, Some UMTR Sponsors provide prizes for our annual race-season awards party. Members who refuse to display the provided-on-request decals, or in some cases, refuse to run the sponsor products, will not be eligible to earn the sponsor-provided awards that are determined by final points accumulations. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE WHICH DECALS YOU MUST DISPLAY, OR PRODUCTS YOU MUST RUN ON YOUR RACE CAR FOR MAXIMUM AWARDS, ASK A UMTR OFFICIAL.
· Every Racer can choose to enter the Premium Payout Pot. Both classes will have an optional premium payout at each race event. The fee to enter this premium pot is $25. All the money collected in the premium pot will be paid back to the two furthest advanced in each class that have entered in the premium pot. The furthest advanced is 1st place, next furthest advanced gets 2nd place.
· Normally, each UMTR class gets 2 time runs. Then, right after the UMTR Time Trials are over, you must return to the UMTR Tent for a short meeting, prize drawings, and a 50/50 ticket drawing.
· At the meeting, you’ll draw a chip in your class. The random chip draw is used for setting the competition ladder.
· Before you leave the meeting at the UMTR tent, look at your class’s competition ladder, find your spot on the ladder, and KNOW who you are competing against in the first round.
· Now, Go Find, and Talk with your first-round competitor, and KNOW by coin toss or by other agreement which lane you will be running in. And KNOW how to identify your competitor’s race car.
· Then, WHEN YOUR CLASS IS CALLED, DO NOT WAIT IN THE PITS! GO Right away to the announced staging lanes, and line-up for the pre-agreed lane-choice, next to your competitor.
· YOU are responsible for being paired-up with your competitor, in the right place, at the right time. IF YOU STILL DON’T KNOW HOW TO PAIR-UP, ASK A UMTR OFFICIAL FOR HELP BEFORE YOUR CLASS ELIMINATIONS ARE CALLED TO STAGING!
· Your car number and dial-in MUST BE VISIBLE FROM THE TOWER WHEN YOU ARE STAGING, AND MUST ALSO BE ON YOUR WINDSHIELD. ONCE YOU ARE STAGED, YOU HAVE ACCEPTED YOUR TRACK-DISPLAYED DIAL IN
· Visit our website: umtrnorth.com for Policies, Procedures, Payouts, Rules, Schedules, and more information.
· GOOD LUCK – BE SAFE – HAVE FUN!
STANDARD PAYOUT CALCULATIONS
- QuickStick standard payout amount is determined by multiplying the total class car count by $55 ($5/car deducted from $60 class entry fee for UMTR operating expenses)
- Eighth-Finals Payout: $30
- Quarter Finals Payout: $60
- Semi-Finals Payout: $100
- Runner-up Payout: 40% of remaining purse after eighth, quarter, and semi-final payouts.
- Winner Payout: 60% of remaining purse after eighth, quarter, and semi-final payouts.
- StreetStick Standard payout amount is determined by multiplying the total class car count by $33 ($2/car deducted from $35 class entry fee for UMTR operating expenses)
- Semi-Finals Payout: $35
- Runner-Up Payout: 40% of remaining purse after semi-final payouts.
- Winner Payout: 60% of remaining purse after semi-final payouts.
OPTIONAL PREMIUM PAYOUT
- Both classes will have an optional premium payout at each race event. The fee to enter this premium pot is $25. All of the money collected in the premium pot will be paid back to the two furthest advanced that have entered in the premium pot. The furthest advanced is 1st place, next furthest advanced gets 2nd place.
- 1st place in this premium payout receives 60% of the total class premium payout amount.
- 2nd place receives 40% of the total class premium payout.
- In the event of a “tie” or no one entered in the premium pot advances past first round, RT (reaction time) of the appropriate round determines placement.
- Racer is responsible for bringing their time slip to the UMTR tent in those instances.
- Racer must bring the time slip for the appropriate round, you cannot use a previous round time slip. (i.e., the last two racers entered in the premium pot both advance to round two and lose, they must bring round two time slip up to determine placement)